Monday, December 10, 2007

Expenive, London? No Chance

I'd like to say that I behaved myself completely on the drink front but that's not the case - however I did stay clear of it on the Saturday night, so my night out in London came to a grand total of £2.90! Who said moving to London was going to be expensive?! Then last night I got to my first gig over here and I have to say I was well impressed. I wasn't expecting too much from it but was plesantly surprised by the reworking of a few of his tracks.

Training wise, Week one of the winding back up has been completed and I'm feeling fairly fresh today. I didn't do anything too hectic last week - just a few jogs and a slight long run yesterday. I tried out a new route for the long run - along the canal which is just a stones throw from the house. It's definately a route for some ten milers during the spring months but with the drizzle and wind yesterday it was fairly miserable. For the last few miles I was dying to get home as I had the wind nicely blowing straight at me and the faintest of drizzle in my face. I think I end up running faster in the winter months than the summer as all I want to do is get back to a shower.

This week's mission: Find people to train with!
blog comments powered by Disqus