Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I'm not a celebrity.... but I'll stay

Another Christmas day of binging has come and gone. I think the vast amounts of turkey, chocolates and alcohol are going to be in my system for months to come. A gentle jog may be in order I think.

As I mentioned in the last post Father Running Private brought the family on a sun trip for a christmas holiday. Well, it turns out that somehow he wangled us onto an exclusive resort. I'm not sure how, and I'm asking no questions... A few days back I went out for a light 8 miler around the resort and noted that the workers and security all seemed to be staring at me as I passed them. The longer I went on they began smiling, nodding and waving at me. Generally they wouldn't look at you as you walk by them, they'd just continue whatever they're doing. That's when I realised it... they think I'm a somebody. Unfortunately no, no I'm not, I'm just an I.T. lad from Ireland with an unhealthy passion for running.

Since I've been here I've only run the couple of times. The Sunday long run proved fairly difficult as it was the first run over here and I was going from running in 4 degrees to 28 degrees celcius in less than a few days. At the start I didn't think I had it in me to finish it but one thing that has definately come about in the past year is that I'm now a much stronger runner and training sessions that I would have dropped out of a year ago seem to be a thing of the past.

With that I'm off to catch the last of the day time sun and get my jog on before getting back to some Stephen's day football on TV. This really is living.
blog comments powered by Disqus