Thursday, January 10, 2008

My legs have spoken to me....

...and they said "Private, take the day off". I'm begrudgingly accepting their kind offer. Day four into the "hard six weeks" and I already need to take a timeout... what's gone wrong?

Last night jog plays a part in that. After the interval session on Tuesday I was aware that I needed a nice easy jog to get the legs moving again. The hamstrings were a bit tight so an easy jog was about right for me. I had a 7 mile group jog in mind until last minute that changed to an 8 mile group jog with a different crowd. No big deal, it's only an extra mile you say. That's what I thought...

The pace was really handy, and I was having a nice chat with one of the lads going around when all of a sudden the others stopped. Apparently at three miles they wait and regroup with the others. After a while myself and the other lad started to get a bit cold standing around waiting so we set off again only to take a different route, not realising how far we were going off track. Approximately 12 miles done and we arrived back to where we started. So from an easy 7 to an easy 12 on hamstrings that wanted me to stop!

So todays run is put on hold and tomorrow I return with another interval session...
blog comments powered by Disqus