Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Faster and Faster

Good god, last night was my first time doing "real" speed work in a long, long time. I think the last time would've been the start of September. Over the past few weeks I've been doing a lot of lung busting intervals, one mile, two miles, four minutes, etc etc. Last night we took on 1km intervals at 5km pace. I thought with the recent intervals banked in the legs I'd cruise through a change to shorter, faster intervals. Not so! Half way through the last one I was convinced I was going to throw up... I'm fairly sure I had the same feeling near the end of the second last one, but not nearly as intense as on the final one. The added bonus was that each interval was slightly faster than the one before it. Ideally it'd be great if we could bang out 5 or 6 at the exact same time, but for the moment gradually getting faster will do.

Thankfully it's two days of jogging now before more intervals...
blog comments powered by Disqus