Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Uneventful week ahead

Thanks to the race the last day my coach has decided that we'll not be doing any hard training sessions until Friday. To avoid any chance of injury after a tough race at the weekend the usual Tuesday session has been replaced by a jog around the park. That means that until Friday my training schedule will be the same every day - 8 mile at an easy pace.

That means with no tough training and with no races penciled in anywhere my mind has been wandering to music today...

When I moved to London everyone (myself included) thought my running would suffer as there was going to be so much going on. I couldn't wait to start going to gigs again as that was something that was missed during my time in France and now here we are, 5 months into my time in London and I've been to ONE measly gig. The long, cold, dark winter really kept me away from wanting to roam the streets on days off.

This morning that's changed and I've bought tickets for 4 gigs in the coming months, so expect plenty of updates shortly on various live bands I've been to. That's four I've got tickets to now and there's plenty whose tickets haven't been made available yet. Starting next week the clocks go forward, the days get longer and I'm going to start really getting into the London vibe. There'll be no more moaning about how dark London is and at what time the park closes at (incidentally it now closes at 6.30pm!). Oh, and I got tickets to my first Premiership match. It's not going to be the best game in the world but should be a real relegation dog fight and that's in two weeks time.

Oddly enough I'm excited about it summer coming, apparently next week, when it snowed on me on my run yesterday.
blog comments powered by Disqus