Friday, May 30, 2008

I'm about to crack

I think I've been very good about this...
I haven't moaned or even brought it up once...
On here or the real world....
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...
It's been doing my nut in for the past two months...
I'm about to crack though...

My right achilles has been quite sore since the beginning of March.
It really, really doesn't like stairs.
Stairs are it's nemesis.
Mainly going up them, not so much going down them.
I had the few days off running when I went on holiday but that didn't seem to do much for it.
Granted I drank copious amounts of alcohol...
Alcohol leads me to dancing...
Which helped no one...
I ice it and I stretch it but nothing.
I don't trust new physios!
Thankfully I'm going home next week and should see my own physio...
I may have mentioned before... he is a magician!
I've only missed around two days scheduled training in the past two months because of it.
I only feel it at the start of the run.
Once I'm going for a few minutes I don't notice it...as much - it used to be "at all", now it's "as much"
I can't really bring it up with my friends as they think I run too much.
I don't want to see the "I told you so" looks on their faces.
I have one speedwork session, one long run, one race between now and when I see my physio.
It better hold out!
blog comments powered by Disqus