Friday, May 9, 2008

Let me introduce you to my friends


After this lunch times quick jaunt to the running store to pick up yet more runners it's come to my attention that I know have five pairs of runners in active commission... FIVE!! Well here they are...

Front Row (From left to right)
Asics DS Racers - Mentioned on here before due to their bright, bright greenness and shiney laces. I've been using these for road races and speed sessions. They also featured on my track race debut as I hadn't got around to buying track shoes (rectivied today!)
Asics Nimbus 9 - My standard day to day training shoe. These shoes know my local park very well at this stage. Currently have a couple of hundred miles on them and know my local park very, very well.
Nike Zoom Rival D III - The new track shoe. I'll be breaking these in over the next few weeks before the next track race. I'd like to say that after trying on loads of different types these were the most suited to my foot but no... they were the only ones in the shop that fit me!
Back Row (From L to R)
New Balance 240 XC - As you can see, the cross country shoe. That's about all these guys got used for and now they're taking it easy until next winter.
Asics Kayano 14 - The old day to day training shoes that are getting very close to retirement. According to my training log they have 550 miles on them at the moment but I still take them out for a jog at least once a week to give the Nimbus a day off!

At this point I would like to point out that my room is tiny and completely taken over by all these running shoes. As far as I can tell there should be no possible way that I should ever have more than 5 on the go at any one time. So this is the max... how the hell will I pack all these when I decide to leave London?
blog comments powered by Disqus