Friday, June 27, 2008

It's all good... no need to worry!!

Phew! All is well... no mention of stopping training, cutting it back or ruptures when I was actually at the physio. Turns out he was fairly good and reasonably priced so I'm well happy. By the end he was talking about maintaining the Achilles over coming weeks rather than the horrible 'rest' word. Like my physio at home this guy was not shy in getting really deep into the muscles which means that my calf muscles currently feel like someone used them as a punching bag last night. Ah well they'll be good as new tomorrow.

And tomorrow I'm back racing again. Wahey! It's been a while since I've been on the track. It's another 5000m race and I can't wait to get stuck into it. The training over the past few weeks should be leaving me in good shape for it. I'm not expecting any miracles tomorrow. I'd hope for a strong race, a fair chunk of time off the last 5000m I took part in, simply a race and a time I'd be happy with.

Wish me luck!
blog comments powered by Disqus