Friday, October 24, 2008

RacePix365.com

Well, I've been a bit busy over the past few days. Not running but with this site - RacePix365.com. I started toying with the idea of creating a running site a while back, and then a running photo site this week. As I started into developing it, yesterday, it started to move quickly along so I thought hey, I may get this done in time for the Dublin marathon. I got a friend of mine to get me some images and then, bang 24 hours later RacePix365.com is born....

So what is it? You could just go the site and have a quick read about it but I'll fill you in here anyway. Basically it's a photo search community for runners. It works using the very simple idea that all runners are identifiable after the race by the bib number they were given. After each race anyone who took pictures at the race can upload them and they are then searchable by these numbers. The photographers don't have to be professional, hell it doesn't even have to be me (and probably better too, as I've got races to run). The beauty of it is that anyone can take the pictures at the races - once you have a digital camera you're good to go.

At the moment I've only got the Dublin Marathon listed in the search but this will be increasing over the coming months. If anyone out there is at the Dublin marathon over the weekend then please, take your camera along and take some pictures of the people running in it. If you're not and you know someone that is going then tell them to bring their camera. The more pictures taken the better chance people have of finding themselves afterwards.

More events will be added shortly and if anyone is going to any other races with their camera then let me know either through this or the site and I'll get it listed in the search options.

Happy racing people and happy snapping...
blog comments powered by Disqus