Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Hamstring Update

Thankfully this morning the hamstrings are a lot better. They're not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but they're definitely strong enough to train on tonight. As it'll be a speed session I'll probably sit back for the first two intervals and work my way into them. I reckon if the same thing had happened to me 3 months ago I wouldn't have taken it as easy on the Sunday and I probably would have trained on the Monday. Once you get out running for a few miles the pain always seems to disappear as the muscles have warmed up. Doing this is doing yourself no favours. By being given a week off training in September, then having the miles cut back while I was on holiday, and now running stronger than I feel I ever have has given me the confidence to realise that a day off every now and again won't hurt. I just have to make sure that I don't start taking days off willy-nilly! If after today's session the hamstrings start acting up again I have no qualms whatsoever about taking a few days of lower mileage or another day off if it means this clears up quicker.
blog comments powered by Disqus