Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Too hungover to think, let alone write

The Christmas season is defeating me. On Friday last I was flying around the park, completing my circuit in 11 x 1 minute intervals with a 90 second jog, whereas it usually takes 13 x 1 minute to do a full lap. In the end I did a total of 16 x 1 minute. Why is it that I when doing them I feel like I could do them all day, but throw me on a track and I want to die after 10 x 400m? Then came the weekend... my God was it a long one. Whenever I wasn't in a pub, I was on the couch, not on the couch, I was in a pub...

Sunday's long run never happened, Monday's easy run was one of the hardest runs I've done in months, Tuesdays "tempo" 5 miler was probably as fast as a normal long run, and all I can say about today's run is that I'm happy I actually got out the door.

What's in store for the rest of the day? Traditional pub lunch and pints with my Dad and brother before meeting my friends for traditional Christmas Eve pints. That's right, warming up for my evening pints with daytime pints. The forecast for training tomorrow looks bleak... there's only one window of opportunity and that's first thing in the morning. The chances of that are slim at best.

Just over a week until my attempt at my 5k time again... things are going in the right direction it seems!!

Happy Christmas
blog comments powered by Disqus