Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'm Back....

Wahey! The legs are working again. Last Tuesday I was dropped easily on each repeat, this week I was right up there in the mix. The workout was 2 x 1200, 2 x 1600, 1 x 1200. For the first two 1200s we finished as a group, maybe with one of the lads slightly ahead. The first 1600 I finished a second or two off the first lad from the club. After 400m of the second one I decided I had some more in the tank and I set the pace for the remainder. I knew that as I was up front the time was going to be slower than the previous one (I'm just not as fast at intervals as the other lads)... and I was right, 4 seconds slower but content enough with it. Obviously having pushed myself in the second 1600 I was fairly knackered for the last rep of the night and it took all I had just to stay in touch with the others. In the end we finished the last 1200 just a second slower than we had done the first two reps of the night. All in all a good session, and as I said, the legs are back!
blog comments powered by Disqus