Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Tuesday Session

"On Tuesday I want you to do either 8 to 10 by 2 minutes or around 5 by 3 minutes"

Without a seconds hesitation I let CR know that it'd be the 2 minute intervals. It's been a long time since I've done 3 minute intervals and I absolutely hate them. Getting the pacing right is a nightmare. At least with one minute or two minute intervals if you go out too fast you only have to deal with it for a minute. Three minutes and you're left dying out there for what feels like a life time. Two minutes, the nicer choice.

The more I thought about the session today the more a quote from CR that I've heard many times before floated about in my head. "The hard bastard always wins". There was really only one option now. Three minutes, the hard bastard choice.

As I set the interval time on the watch to 3 minutes I thought about whether to go for 5 or 6 repeats. Feck it, we'll say 6. If I'm dying after 5 I may as well be dying after 6. What about the recovery? For 1 minute intervals I'd been doing a 90 second jog recovery, but had started to find this more than enough and think it's time to knock it down to a minute. For three minutes?
"The hard bastard...". Right so, 90 seconds jog recovery it is.
blog comments powered by Disqus