Friday, May 1, 2009

Laissez-faire

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go."
T.S. Eliot

Just back in from the last run before the big one. The next time I lace up these runners it'll be in advance of 26.2 miles. Nice. Bags are packed, information for everything I could think of has been printed and it's almost time to go.

Surprisingly the nerves haven't really hit yet but I'm sure tomorrow when I'm at the expo and moaning about wasting energy by walking it'll kick in! It's quite nice that my biggest dilemma at the moment is what to listen to on my mp3 player on the morning of the race...

The plan for the race is quite simple. As CR said to me on Tuesday evening. "It's no different to any other race. Vest, shorts, shoes, pin on a few gels, take a slug of water and run". When it's put like that you can't help but relax about the whole thing.

It's been a nice ride getting here - now just to finish it off.
blog comments powered by Disqus