Monday, June 29, 2009

No Pressure

While out taking some lovely shots at the Dublin Grand Prix of Race Walking yesterday I bumped into Jerry Kiernan. I was only talking to him briefly but mentioned that I was planning on racing a 3000m race this Wednesday and that I had a bit of a shocker last time out. When I told him the meet was in Irishtown he informed me that it was just a walk down the road from him and that he'd be out to watch it. Not only that but he said we'd sit down beforehand and go through my race plan and the splits I'm to hit.

"You'll hit them splits. Don't worry about what anyone else is doing in the race, do your own thing and you'll get a tidy PB. That's all there is to it. It's easy."

So a pep talk from an Irish Olympian right before I go out and race on Wednesday. No pressure there then!
blog comments powered by Disqus