Friday, September 4, 2009

I'm Flying

It had been a while since I last chatted with CR. He's been making the most of his time off work during the summer and been travelling around somewhat. I on the other hand, for the first summer in God knows how long, have spent the whole summer here in Dublin. When he enquired as to how training has been going of late my response was quite simply "I'm flying!". Then I rattled into the various sessions I've carried out over the past few weeks - 8 x 4 minutes, 18 x 1 minute, 16 and 17 mile runs, 8 x 3 minutes, and the rest of the days filled in with easy runs between 8 and 10 miles. Just going through everything I've done filled me with no end of confidence. Next week all this hard work has to be taken and turned into a solid 30 minute effort... Ok 33 minute effort!

From there we talked on the way the race is to go next week and the training in the remaining days leading up to it. Training naturally enough will take a step back during the week - there's nothing to be gained by training hard in the few days before a race. All the work has been done already so the next week just involves ticking over. As for the race plan - I've got to get out of my comfort zone early and to start hurting from the second mile in.
blog comments powered by Disqus