Saturday, April 3, 2010

An open letter to...

Dear Weather,

People have short memories and tend to forget that for the first 20 or so days of March we were virtually rain free in Dublin. Instead after two days of rain, a bit of snow (what was the deal there?!) and it's all moan, moan, weather, moan. I try to look on the brightside and realise that while it may have been the coldest March in twenty years, it was also the sunniest in about 60. A few days of bad weather won't get me down.

I do however have a favour to ask. Could you please make your mind up in the morning what type of weather we'll be having for the day? If it's grey skies and bucketing rain at 8am when I leave for work you may think it's a nice surprise that I get to go home in blinding sun. Alas, no. Every morning as I leave for work I have to take the gear I plan in jogging home in. By drastically changing the weather I constantly have the wrong clothes with me. If its -1C in the morning I'll have gloves, hat, and layers of tops with me, which is far too much for a sunny evening jog home. Yesterday I was in the office equipped with wet weather gear and you went and changed completely to a pleasant sunny afternoon. With no lockers in work I have to wear home what I take with me - so please keep the weather standard for the day.

I look forward to a better, less schizophrenic April.

Yours in sport,
Private
blog comments powered by Disqus